The foundation stone of frau sucht m the parish church of St Pauls, Staley was laid by Stapleton Stapleton-Cotton, 1st Viscount Combermere on 2 February 1838.
In 1776 the towns first water-powered mill for carding and spinning cotton was built at Rassbottom.
In 1789 the towns first spinning mill using the principle of Arkwrights Water Frame was built.
Elizabeth and Thomas had two daughters and no sons.The reservoir was divided in two by an embankment, with the southern section becoming the present boating lake.In 1929, with no room for expansion at Stalybridge, david essex halten Sie mich schließen release Datum the Summers sheet rolling and galvanising plants were transferred to Shotton in North Wales, having devastating effects on local employment; the new plant later became a major component in the British Steel Corporation.Scenes from Coronation Street, Making Out, Common As Muck and The League of Gentlemen have also been shot there.Under sex Täter Liste, davis county the terms of the Public Health Acts 18talybridge corporation, like other municipal boroughs governed under the Municipal Corporations Act 1835, was designated as the authority governing the Urban sanitary district.The Huddersfield Narrow Canal was completed in 1811 and still runs through the town.The lordship of Longdendale included the manors of Staley, Godley, Hattersley, Hollingworth, Matley, Mottram, Newton, Tintwistle and Werneth; the manor of Staley was first mentioned between 12The first records of the de Stavelegh family as Lords of the Manor date from the early 13th century.Buckton Hill, the site of the mediaeval Buckton Castle, is another prominent landmark.Newspaper reports of the time told of his common practice of waving a revolver in the air in a most threatening manner.On there was a strike at Bayleys Cotton Mill in Stalybridge, and roving cohorts of operatives carried the stoppage first to the whole area of Stalybridge and Ashton, then to Manchester, and subsequently to towns adjacent to Manchester, using as much force as was necessary.An organised resistance was organised culminating on Friday In 1867 Stalybridge was disturbed by the arrival of William Murphy.The construction of the Buckton Vale overspill estate also took place in the early 1970s.It was first sung in public by him in the Grand Theatre on Corporation Street on On memorial tablet was unveiled by Jack Hylton on the wall of the old Newmarket Tavern, where the song was composed.Daley, the parish priest.Turner is also part of the gallerys collection.
There is also a statue of him, holding his sketch pad, on a bench near the Stalybridge Road bus stop.
The towns football team is Stalybridge Celtic, founded 1909, and presently members of the National Conference North.